Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Wow, what a weekend

So this last weekend was my first baby shower and it was amazing! My sister threw it for me and she did such a wonderful job. The picture above is me with not one, but two cakes! They were both autumn themed cakes, which was the theme of the shower. One had pumpkins and baby footprints and the other had leaves and baby toys. So cute and delicious too!


My grandma made me the most beautiful blanket and I just know that the baby will love it.
A bunch of friends that I hadn't seen in such a long time were able to make it to the shower. The above picture is me with Katie, my former boss at Job Corps, and Melissa, my former co-worker at Job Corps.
After all the shower festivities, my mom, Jordan, my uncle Jeff, and I all played dominoes. Jordan and Jeff caught on quick, but as always, Mom tried to cheat!
My uncle is probably going to kill me for this, but I just had to post this picture. Jeff is my mom's brother and he was able to come to Abilene for the weekend and spend some time with the fam. Although my aunt Stephanie and their two boys couldn't make it, it was still great to catch up with him and see him for a little while.


Finally, here are some pictures of the baby's room. We painted a pale yellow that turned out perfect. And we put up the curtains that Dan picked out. They are pink and white striped and so cute, especially against the yellow walls! Once we get the rest of the room put together, I'll post more pics!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the curtains! I am glad your shower was so great! I cant' wait for the one here, it should be tons of fun (hopefully). Talk to you soon!

Anonymous said...

A. I love the cakes!
B. I can't wait to see you next weekend! Really really really can't wait. Seriously. So excited.
C. I forgot - got distracted.
D. I totally know Katie (or Katy - I have never spelled her name!). Love Katie! Just saw her and hung out about a month ago!
E. My friend AM has that rocker and loves it, both the old style and it is really a great rocker (front porch or baby's room).
F. Is there anything I need to bring you from the big city? Red shoes? Fluffy socks for the hospital? A tortise shell headband? An apple pie? *Really, just let me know!
G. I can't wait to see you - did I mention that?

Love, Anne

Unknown said...

I had some time today and was thinking of you so far away. I hadn't seen this blog in a while and that I do regret. Boy oh boy the time has flown. I'm sure your filled with emotion to have this little one to call your own. I love you guys very much even though, you posted this image of me as such :-( I will make every effort to come to the hospital and see you THREE. We have been busy as you will soon see.

Love you,
Uncle Jeff