Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Just a few favorites



Mya was dedicated at church this last Sunday. It was nothing too fancy, but it was so nice to have her prayed for and dedicated to the Lord at her very first church home. Everyone there loves her so much and is so sad to see us, mostly her, move away.
Here she is in her pretty dress she wore to church. My mom bought it for her for Easter but we already had a dress and it was too big for her anyway, but it worked perfectly for this occasion.

And of course, I just have a few candid shots. Isn't this just such a precious face?


And how about those eyes? My goodness!



And our hilarious girl started screaming this week...for fun! I bet you can imagine how great it is to hear over and over and over. It really sounds like she's throwing a fit, but she's just making noise. I can't say that it's really cute or anything, but it's funny, and it's great to watch her discover new things every week! That's all about Mya for now, although I could always go on and on and on.
In other news, our family is headed out for a long weekend on Friday. I am going to spend Friday and Saturday with my family and Dan is headed to T-town to play in a golf tournament with his dad and brother on Friday. Mya and I will meet back up with Dan and his parents Saturday night and spend Sunday relaxing and visiting family and friends and then... I have an interview on Monday in Topeka. Hopefully it goes well so we can get moving because being far away from my family is really driving me crazy. It was my sister's birthday yesterday and I just hated that I couldn't spend it with her. Next year I will spend it with her for sure!

2 comments:

HaleyMarieOlson said...

I hope you guys end up in Topeka, because that is where Jeff and I are!!! It would be so awesome to have more friends, and J is an avid golfer, so he and Dan could play together! It is meant to be :)

AnneR said...

Mya's turning into such a little character! I think she looks a lot like you (esp in the face), but that's probably because I haven't spent that much time with Dan! So, why don't you guys move to Topeka and meet us for dinner in Olathe or Lawrence? Sounds good to me too . . .