Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A little late, but still fun!

So I finally have the pictures from my dad's birthday party. It was a fun day for me, but I love any excuse to hang out with my family! I will say that the crab hat might have been the hit of the party. Thanks Mary Jo! Mary Jo is a friend of my mom's, who just happened to be my second mom when I was growing up. Her daughter, Laura, was one of my best friends and is still very dear to me even though we don't get to see each other often. But we had so much fun being crazy kids together! Who am I kidding? I still am a crazy kid! Anyway, here is the crab hat!




And here is it again...






And one more time just for fun!
Wow, we are a super cool family! So I just have to tell this story: When my sister and I were young, ages four and seven, my dad shaved his mustache off, one of his primary physical features. It was his 30th birthday and he was feeling *crazy*. We were so upset by the startling discovery of his smallish upper lip(sorry dad) that we, or at least I, started crying. There is a picture of us in the bathroom and me and my sister were not happy. Dad, being the crazy man he is, decided to shave his mustache again when he turned 40, not so much crying then. Anyway, this being his 50th birthday, we debated back and forth if the upper lip wanted to show off again and guess what... it did! Definitely no tears, well, maybe some from laughter! As dad was shaving it, he stated, "Yep, I can feel it growing back already."
I just love my dad! Overall, I thought the birthday weekend went well and I'm excited about Easter coming up so that I can see my parents and Dan's parents again! Months seem so much longer now that we're in the middle of nowhere!




Here's one more picture of me, Dan, mom and dad at my dad's birthday party! I look like a dork, but everyone else looks cute!




That's all for now! I'll update again after Easter festivities. I'm 99% positive that I'll get to see my little Jordan at least once this weekend and we'll definitely get to see Camdyn. This will be me and Dan's first year to see Camdyn hunt for Easter eggs. She's going to be sooo cute! Until then...

No comments: