Monday, May 12, 2008

Good friends, beautiful nephew, and wonderful mothers

The title of this blog explains it all. That was exactly what my weekend was about. I spend most of Saturday with some good friends that I went to Flint Hill Christian School with and it was absolutely wonderful. We ate a fabulous lunch, spent the afternoon reminiscing about the past, and spent the evening taking pictures. So here are some pictures from the day. This is my good friend Eric with his bunny. I'm not sure if this was before or after the bunny had a seizure. Well, we're not sure it was a seizure, but it sure looked like it. We were all scared there for a little while, but it turned out to be ok. Then there's me and Anne being buddy buddy. I haven't seen this girl for... um a long time and it made me so happy to spend time with her. We had a great day together!



The three amigos!



Then that's me, Anne, Eric, and his wife Rachel in front of the giant van gogh painting. You can't see the painting in this picture, but you can see Eric's nipple. I'm not sure why he did this, but I'm sure it's because he thinks he's funny! And the last one is one we set the timer on, but it was so windy that it tilted forward as it was taking the picture. I love it anyway.





And of course, here are some pictures of my wonderful nephew. I'll only post a couple since I'm sure there will be tons more to come!



Isn't he just the most adorable baby boy ever? Well, I think so!

Anyway, this weekend was also mother's day. And while I called both of my mother's and told them how amazing they are, I just have to reiterate how much I love my mother and mother in-law. One is the best for raising me and guiding me and helping me to become who I am as well as being my best friend. The other is the best for raising and guiding a wonderful boy into a wonderful man. Both moms have nothing but unconditional love and I love them for that. I hope I can be just as wonderful for my children. Okay, I'm done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing you more than I can convey! Even if I don't see you again until there is a baby in your arms, I truly cannot wait. You are going to be a fantastic mom and you have this wonderful grace around you that is so comforting. And you are incredibly funny and those two things automatically equal a great mom. I should know, I have one. Love you, love Dan, love baby Barnes.