Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Getting back to "normal"

Dan and I left for Topeka Friday night and stayed through Monday and we had such a great time. Dan had an interview Monday and it went well. Now we just have to wait and see if they want to hire him. This is always the worst part. Anyway, here are some pics from the weekend. Here's Mya with her wonderful Aunt Sarah. This was taken after Mya pooped all over her outfit at the restaurant we were eating at. But, don't worry, she's clean and changed in this picture. Not even I would hold her that close if she was still all poo covered!
Dan and I got to see our good friends Scott and Nikki. We loved getting to see them and catch up with them. Mya loved it too!

I love this picture! Mya and Silas are going to be so close, I can just tell! Aren't they just the most adorable kids you've ever seen?

Silas is such a sweet boy. He is so happy and just so much fun. He was just playing on the floor chewing on this string and I just had to take his picture.
This is a close up of something Mya loves to do... lay against her dad while watching t.v. Isn't that crazy? Do any of you know of a five month old who likes to watch sports? Ours does. She will only watch sports, nothing else. She watches SportsCenter and basketball with Dan, but when I want her to watch Friends with me... no way. Oh well.
So now we're home, trying to get back to our normal routine. Mya had her measurements taken today since she was officially five months old yesterday. She looks normal to me and Dan, but according to her measurements she is in the 25th percentile for both height and weight. This is ironic since over the weekend, one of Sarah's friends said she looked little and guessed that she was in the 25th percentile for height and weight. We laughed and said no way, but she was right! Crazy. Anyway, Mya has her first cold and is trying to get over that. Poor thing can't hardly breathe right now, but she's doing ok. She went to bed at 7:15 tonight because she was not feeling well and was just so exhausted. I know most of you don't really need details on most of this stuff, but I just felt like sharing. Maybe some of you can share with me what we can do for Mya's congestion? Any tricks to help it go away faster? Ok, thanks for "listening." Have a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! It was so good to see you guys this weekend. Let us know when you hear about the job! I need a copy of that pic of me and Mya!

AnneR said...

She is getting so big and I can tell that you guys love to dress her up!