Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunshine on my shoulder

This weekend has been pretty good. Mya and I went around to different garage sales with my friend Krystal on Saturday. We got lots of good stuff. I sometimes forget how much I like to go to garage sales. My mom and I used to go all the time when I was younger and I didn't always like it then but grew to love it. Thanks mom for teaching me to be thrifty! Anyway, here is our little Mya sitting up all by herself... crazy! She isn't real steady yet, but she's getting better with every time she does it. The little piano is one of my great 50 cent finds at a garage sale. And yes, Mya is going to be a brilliant pianist!

And here is the reason for the title of my post! Here is my little sunshine on my shoulder!
Mya is seriously the happiest baby ever when she gets up from nap. I told Dan today that if anyone is ever in a bad mood, they should just come over to our house to watch Mya wake up from her nap. She will make you smile... guaranteed!
This picture above is my new favorite thing she does. She opens her arms up wide and then hugs my face/head/neck/whatever part of me she can get. It is priceless!
Here's me and my sweet girl. A few people have told me lately that they see so much of Dan in Mya, but there is definitely some of me in there!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, lots of new blogs. Good work. Love the new pics. I can't believe she is starting to sit up on her own, I just saw her. Sheesh, they grow fast!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait each week to see if there is a new post on this blog. You really do an exceptional job of keeping us posted on this exceptional child and her wonderful parents. Oh do I sound partial. Yea I am.

Grandpa Jay

Anonymous said...

Sitting, then crawling... then out the door to college.
No, really, it goes that fast.... I love you!

Carol said...

Hey, go to my blog... jandcarolrussell@blogspot.com