Monday, September 3, 2007

Birthday Blowout

This weekend has been amazing. It all started when my parents surprised me by coming to Phillipsburg to spend the weekend with me! It was definitely a surprise! Dan was in on it and he shocked me, because he is usually terrible about surprises! They didn't just come for the holiday weekend... they came for my birthday! Yeah for birthdays! Anyway, so Saturday we grilled, courtesy of Dad and Dan, and watched the K-State game, which ended up being very sad. We went out to lunch on Sunday at the Chicken Inn, which was a first for Dan and I. It was a cute little place to eat, but nothing fancy. Then of course, Labor Day was my birthday! So we had a small lunch, but made sure to leave room for cinnamon swirl cake and home-made ice cream! My mom is an excellent birthday cook! Then Dan gave me my b-day present, which happened to be a gold star for the outside of the house that I've really been wanting. And some candles for some sconces that we have in our bedroom that have been bare since we moved. He did good on my presents this year. If you ask him, he'll say he does good every year. :) Overall, it was a wonderful birthday. My parents brought Dodge, their cute little puppy, but Coda didn't like that surprise. She is very pregnant at this point and very grumpy. I have to admit if I was that huge, I'd be a little grumpy too! Other news, Dan is preparing for his students to take their first test of the semester and from the looks of it, they should all be able to pass it. And I officially start my new job tomorrow, but I really don't have much to do. More exciting is that Dan's dad is coming to P-burg for two days to do some work, so we'll get to spend a little time with him. We're both excited about that. I think that is all the news we have right now. Happy Labor Day to everyone! Hope your weekend was labor free! Mine sure was, except for dishes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear you had a great birthday. I am so sorry I didn't call...I thought about you all day and then just didn't call! I'm bad with the phone...I knew your parents were surprising you and I am so glad you really were surprised!