Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Family time

Oh my, this weekend was so much fun! In fact, it was so fun that I was ridiculously sad when Terry and Debi left on Sunday. I just hate being so far away from both of our families, but I guess it could be further. Two years ago I wanted to live in New Jersey, which Dan likes to remind me about and laugh every once in a while. I never would have made it being so many states away.
Anyway, Terry and Debi came to P-burg on Friday night and we watched the three basketball games. That really does a number on your back and butt! I've never felt so old. And the JV and varsity lost, so that was a bummer. Then Saturday, we went to Norton to eat chinese food and then took a road trip to Kirwin Lake to at least say we've been there. I'm going to make Dan take me there when it warms up so we can go hiking on the cute little trails they have. Then we watched the K-State game and played Dominoes(I won!). The best part of it was that they brought our new chairs to us and we got to play Dominoes at the kitchen table, all four of us!

Overall, the weekend was fabulous. Coda even finally relaxed enough to enjoy time with her grandma! If you know Coda, she's not the nicest cat, but she loves playing with her grandparents!

2 comments:

Carol said...

sorry you are lonely out there.
We will come see you soon.
Coda looks big!
Love you both

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys had fun! Wish we could come visit! We'll see you though in just a few weeks! Hope Dan has fun at the game tonight!