Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A New Year

Ok, I have so many cute pictures from Christmas that I'm going to keep the words to a minimum and upload as many pictures as my patience can stand. But first, here's a quick overview of our holiday season. Dan and I spent quite a few days in Topeka with his family for his birthday as well as Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. We had a blast getting to spend so much time with his parents, with Matt and Sarah, and of course, Camdyn!


Camdyn is finally saying Aunt Kieko, which is what my sister's daughter has called me since she was little, so they decided to have her call me that as well. It is, of course, the cutest thing ever when she says it. It comes out more like "Kucko", which I love! I also love that she smiles at me whenever she sees me. It makes me feel so special! She also loves her Uncle Danno. She wouldn't say Dan, but she would say Danno, which made me laugh!


Anyway, we went to my sister's on Christmas day, which is a new thing, but was so much fun! She was a great hostess. We had fun just hanging out, playing a game, eating cookies, etc. Who knows, this might be a new tradition. From there, we stayed with my parents for a couple of days, just relaxing after the Christmas craziness. And then we picked up my niece Jordan to have her stay with us for a few days. My niece Jordan is one of the loves of my life. She is almost eight, crazier than ever, and still steals my heart every moment I spend with her. She is so sweet and it helps that she loves her Aunt Kieko. We had fun playing in the snow, making pancakes, doing each other's hair, and she even got to go to work with me.


That is the last week and half of our lives in a tiny nutshell. We have had a fabulous Christmas season and had a wonderful New Year's Eve. I am excited about the upcoming year, but am already missing 2007. I guess we'll just have to do some really exciting things in 2008 to top the last year! Dan and I are wishing everyone a happy new year filled with God's many blessings! This is me with little Camdyn! Camdyn with her Papa! Debi getting her monogrammed Bible from Terry. So cute! Camdyn unwrapping her presents with her mom. She loved it! Dan and I sitting on our new kitchen chairs from his parents. Matt looks really creepy behind us! Dad unwrapping his instant marinator that Dan and I got him. Hope he likes it! Mom unwrapping the monogrammed coasters we got her. I know she likes those!Jordan making a snow angel in our front yard. She was telling me to hurry up because her butt was freezing. I was laughing so hard! Me and my precious Jordan playing in the snow!

5 comments:

Anna said...

I always forget you have a blog! I favorited you today, so hopefully I'll remember to read more. Hope you had a good Christmas!

Carol said...

I love the pics. And Jordan was so much fun, wasn't she?

Can't wait to see the chairs.

Love you!

Carol said...

Can you add me to your favorite people? Or do I have to have a blog? My account name is iteach@eaglecom.net

Anonymous said...

I love all the picture! You and Camdyn look so cute in the picture of the two of you...she looks way too old though! YIKES! We enjoyed being able to see you guys for so long!

The Shellabys said...

um... the picture of you and dan on the kitchen chairs with matt behind you made me laugh out loud! he really does look creepy!!! ha ha! and the picture of you and camdyn is so dang cute! i am jealous that you got to spend christmas with her! lol... cute pictures! God bless!