Thursday, August 16, 2007

Exciting News

Yesterday was Dan's first day of teaching and today was his first full day! Things have been going well for him. He said that some of the teachers came up to him and told him that the students are already talking about how they like him. I think he's going to fit in well in Phillipsburg. I got up early with him yesterday and made sure he looked ok and then like my mom always did, I took some "first day of school" pictures. He was not happy about that. But doesn't he just look like a teacher? That's not the only good news... I had my interview today for a domestic violence services agency in Hays. They are opening a new branch in Phillipsburg and need someone to run it. After my hour and a half long interview, I was beginning to wonder if they were going to hire me. Then I got my answer two hours later. They called and asked if I wanted the position... of course I do! I start the day after my birthday, September 4th. Until then, I'm going to see if I can get some hours at a gift shop in Stockton. I spoke to the lady last week and she said she would hire me, even if it's only for a couple of weeks. So everything seems to be going along nicely. That's what a lot of prayer will do. Speaking of prayer, a huge blessing has been a neighbor lady who brings us tomatoes and cucumbers every once in a while. It is so nice. And this week, she stopped by and told us she was buying us groceries for next week. And to top it all off, I think Dan and I are going to Topeka this weekend to see family. That is a great end to a great week!

No comments: