Monday, August 13, 2007

Our house

Well, out of boredom, I decided to post some pictures of our new townhouse. We love it. This picture on the left is of our new office. We spend a lot of time in it because we've never had one before.
The next picture is of our thrift store find. We really wanted a chair for our new office so that we could read in it or I could sit and talk to Dan when he is working on school stuff.
So we went to a thrift store in Hays and found this chair for $7.oo! It was only the most hideous color of gold that we've ever seen, so we went to Wal-Mart and bought a cover, and covered it ourselves. We had such a fun time!
One of my other favorite places in the house is the kitchen, oddly enough, considering I don't like to cook. Dan's grandma gave us her oak table that she didn't need anymore and in the morning when the sun is shining through the sliding glass doors, it's the best place in the house. Coda likes it too, although her favorite spot lately is in an overturned clothes hamper. I don't have the heart to turn it upright just because she loves it so much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! I am so glad you decided to start this. I love reading these, even if you don't think there's much going in, it's great to read about each other's lives! Can't wait to see/hear all about your lives in Phillipsburg..w.e need to come visit!

iteachksu said...

Coda looks so happy! P-burg does seem far, but love stretches farther! Love you so much,
Mom

Anonymous said...

What up in the 'burg? Your place looks nice. Give me a call sometime and let me know how school is and all that stuff. Later.

Brother Matt